Sunday, August 5, 2012

Blessed

We blessed our sweet baby girl today.
It was amazing.
She is amazing.
She may have pooped on her blessing dress as soon as we got home,
but she didn't make a peep during the prayer and the guys
all said that she smiled through the whole thing.
 After I had Milo, I thought that my life was complete.  I had a wonderful husband and a super sweet little boy.  I had been given enough happiness to last me for a lifetime. And then Heavenly Father showed me what being blessed truly meant. He sent Taya. I had it all, plus her.  

After being hit by a truck when I was eleven, I wondered why I had to endure such physical pain.  I easily could have died, but I didn't.  Through all of the surgeries, doctors, and therapy I wondered why.  Why did Heavenly Father allow such a terrible accident to happen?  Why was I spared to live in a mangled body.

Now I know why.
One minute with Taya and none of that matters.
One of her cheesy smiles makes all of the pain make sense.
If I would have missed the opportunity to be her mother, I would have missed everything.
She is beyond words.
I get to be her mother forever and I will cherish her for every minute that I get.

2 comments:

  1. So awesome bird! Wish we could have been there. I want to meet her soon. She sounds like a pretty sweet little girl. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete