Thursday, May 29, 2014

Just a Day Short of Two

Dear Taya,
You my dear, are my secret love affair.  My all the time obsession.  I think that you are so beautiful, that it surprises me when people on the street don't pause to look at you.  The other day I told your dad, "I find so much joy in being with Taya".  And it's absolutely true.  Every day there are a hundred and one snapshot moments that I wish I could store forever:  First thing in the morning when you see your brother, "hi Wiwo".  The sweetest squeezes any baby has ever given-both arms around the neck, holding tight.  Nothing could feel wrong with your sweet little arms wrapping me up. You shaking your curly bed head and saying, "crazy".  Your blue binky pushed to the far right side of your mouth and the way it jiggles when you laugh and talk, like an old man's cigar.  The hilarious way that you run to get lotion after lotion.  I've never known of a baby that loves back massages the way you do.  That giant toothy smile.  Those chubby baby cheeks.  Your beautiful skin.  The dark mocha of your eyes.  The way you sing "Let it Go" and "Honey Honey", whenever you hear any rhythm. Your squat walk/dance- That Shakira got you young. Even your stubborn fits, insistence on weird clothing and blue crocs, and absolute distaste for getting your hair done.  Your obsession with baskets and buckets.  That gravely voice.  How you whisper, "no monsters", whenever you're feeling scared.  Watching strangers light up when you say, "hi guy".  The fact that you tell people that your name is Cocoa.  The proud triumph that crosses your face when you make it through a tube slide.  Watching you run across the lawn to say hi to Dathan and Lucy.  Hearing you whisper the words to twinkle twinkle as I rock you and your 70 blankets to sleep. The feeling of contentment that you've brought to my life, and the ways that you've taught me to be a better person.  I can't believe it's been two years.  Two years together, and I hope 100 more to come.  You are my angel and I'm so grateful that God has allowed me to be your mother.  I love you my girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment