Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Blog

Everyone keeps telling me BLOG!
But here is the thing... I don't really know what to do on a blog.
So in other words, if you read this, and what the heck?! keeps sneaking into your head just read on. I'll get the hang of it eventually!

When Chris and I got married, everyone started asking how soon we were going to have kids. Sheez the pressure! Anyway, we firmly told all of our family, friends, and anyone else who asked that we had a five year plan. FIVE YEARS with NO BABIES, no questions asked! Funny how life turns out.


Exactly 18 months after being married we decided our priorities were a little mixed up and decided that we wanted to start "trying". Two weeks, and five pregnancy tests later we were thrilled to discover that it was a good thing that we had decided that we were ready, because BAM our family was growing.

Now how to tell everyone that we had deviated from our highly publicized plan.





When my family came out to visit, Chris wore this shirt to breakfast.
My mom just kind of looked at him for a while and finally said, "That is the weirdest shirt I have ever seen." Yes! This was exactly the comment we were hoping that she would make. To this Chris said, "I know huh. It came with a picture." Then he pulled out our first sonogram. It took my family a tense 20-30 seconds to grasp what we were trying to tell them. It was awesome!

I can't wait for Chris to wear this T-shirt in the delivery room. Now I just need a clever saying to go on my neon green sweat band that I'm going to wear. I'm up for suggestions.




4 comments:

  1. You two are freaking hillarious. So excited for our babies to friends. You have no idea! www.smannings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Blogging isn't hard. It's a great place to vent and to keep everyone updated!

    stewartandciera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! Congratualtions!!! That is awesome!! I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my heck im so happy you started a blog!! and holy cow i can't believe you of all people pregnant after only 18 months of marriage :)!! Im so excited for you two, you'll make such good parents!! Can you please move home now?? Also i hope your baby gets your eyes!!

    ReplyDelete