Sunday, June 20, 2010

A Day of Firsts

To start out, here's the progress of the bump. I can't believe that we are half way there! Only 18 more weeks and we'll actually get to hold our boy.

~And no one should say I still look small. I feel like a hippo-or at least a large penguin.


Yesterday was the first time away from family on Father's Day. Chris and I both missed our families, we love you guys! But we made the best of it. I made Chris breakfast... Which was the first time that I have made hashbrowns... it was a bit of a disaster because our pans stick like crazy! Then we watched the World Cup for a bit. Chris was holding me and got to feel our baby move for the first time! It was really exciting to see him light up. This was definately the best first for the day. Chris was so excited because our boy was practicing his soccer skills while watching FIFA.



After Church, Chris opened the Father's day package his mom sent, which contained several fun firsts for us: our first baby bottle, first binky, first bib, and first tube of butt cream. Thanks John and Vicky!
It was fun to spend all day together as our small, but growing, family. I am so excited that Chris is a soon to be dad. He is going to do a great job! I can't wait to see him with our son. I'm sure that there will be many many more firsts in our near future, and I'm excited for every one of them.

P.S. please vote or suggests names, we are still struggling!

4 comments:

  1. I vote for Milo. I like that name. I also love the drink milo because it reminds me of New Zealand and timtam cookies and then I think of the timtam slam. If you havent experienced the timtam slam, we must fulfill this experience for you when I get out there. Even Jon loves it (the timtam slam). So that makes 3 votes for Milo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote Dominic. It sounds manly and you could call him dom...or nick :)
    I also vote for Dallas (HELLOOOOO COWBOYS!)
    and Milo! You know I love those double M's!
    Well I just vote for all of them.
    I am no help.
    PS that shirt makes you look like you have no bump!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look little still! Nothing like a penguin! I voted for Dominic, i think it would be so cute for your little guy! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my heck! that is the cutest baby bump ever! i am so excited for you guys! you guys are going to be the cutest little family!! miss ya lots!!

    ReplyDelete