Friday, August 27, 2010

bed rest... hum...

Have you ever noticed that you always want what you can't have?

For example, everyone is always wishing that they were finished with school and complain that graduation is never going to come. I was guilty of whining about this trap for all three years before I graduated. On the flip side... I really miss trudging across frozen Weber State to listen to my poetry teacher lecture on how the 80's were the best becasue men could pull off wearing hooker boots. . . Still not sure what he was getting at, but the point is I miss being a student.

Girls are also natorious for this type of behavior.
Stick thin size 0 girls always complain about their flat chests and look at J-Lo's butt in envy.
Whereas nicely curvy girls always wish they could see the knobs of their hips.

Someone tells you to be quiet and suddenly you want to burst out with loud irritating noises.

Try it right now, tell yourself that you can't scratch an itch for the next five minutes. Garaunteed your lip starts to tickle or you notice that your hair is irritating your neck.

Why is it that we always want what we can't have?

The doctor told me I had to stop working and lay down more.
Every tired persons dream come true right?
Now all I want to do is go on walks, scrub the house, and plan parties.
She also said I had to stop eating salt.... ..... ..... .....
Ya, now I feel like a deer standing at a salt lick all the time.
Chips, cheese, soup... all loaded with salt. All ridiculously delicious!

Someone figure out this whole contentment thing quick and let me in on the secret!
P.S. Also any good suggestions of low salt foods are welcome. I feel like I'm starving to death... which let me assure you isn't the case, my maternity clothes are starting to get tight:)

2 comments:

  1. Ah that would kill me! I love Salty foods! I wish I had suggestions of foods for you, but I love my salt too much to even know of any low salt foods. good luck girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would definitely google the salt thing.. Sorry about the bedrest thing bird, but about the being content thing just make sure you enjoy every minute laying there feeling him move cause it goes by way too fast and all of a sudden you have the little guy and your baby/pregnancy hungry again. I know it sounds so simple and stupid but take the time to enjoy you and your husband cause a baby changes everything!!!! and i really mean EVERYTHING. Love ya birdie

    ReplyDelete