Monday, November 8, 2010

I feel like every stage of life is filled with "I can't wait for" and "I'm really going to miss."

18 months ago I felt like we were going to be here for an eternity.
Now there is only 6 weeks until the big move from Hawaii to Utah and I'm wondering where the time went.

I Can't Wait For
- Time with our family!
- Seeing old friends. (Especially the ones who are going for the otter pop dream:))
- Being able to play volleyball.
- An apartment or a house where my bed, fridge, and t.v. aren't all in the same room.
- Clean buildings. Ant free. Roach free. Mold free. It's been so long, I wonder if such places really exist?!
- Boots, boots, boots. It's too freaking hot here to even think about boots, but I can't wait to dig into the box that holds my pointy black leather, soft furry swade, and chocolate delightfulness.
- Spring. I miss the seasons... Not really winter. Call me corny, but I miss the first green on the trees, warm summer nights, and the crisp air in the fall.
- oh, did I mention I'm excited to be with our family?
- and yep, one more shout out to the fam!

I'm sure going to miss (in no particular order)
- Hukilau cafe. I heart rice for breakfast.
- Hearing the palm trees rustle.
- All of our wonderful friends, neighbors, and ward members. We have been so very very blessed to be with so many wonderful people. But it's not goodbye forever.
-Living so close to the temple.
- Of course, the beach. It's free, it's fun, and it's wonderful!

4 comments:

  1. im a little sad that your "im excited for" is longer than your "im going to miss" list. haha. but i love reading your blog beacuse you always have such fun posts to read!! You guys will love being back home in Utah! we will miss you, but .. like you said.. defiantely not goodbye forever! You better believe u are friends for life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. know how you feel. If it makes you feel better, We are having our prized Japanese rice cooker wedding gift sent from Hawaii to Utah and I can assure you my "local boy" husband will be eating rice for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. You can come over anytime and eat a variety of local meals with us, at the place of residents we don't currently have. Oh the joys of life : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can not wait to see you guys and meet Milo!!!

    ReplyDelete