Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Worries of a Mother

When I was in college, working full time, I would look at stay at home mom's with envy.  I felt like every day was packed with deadlines, tests, study groups, sylibi, all piled on top of each other.  I looked forward to the day when I could "hang up the towel", and stop stressing. 
Well, I haven't worked for over two years, I've been graduated for four, and let me just say my stress level is not lower. 
Although it is different.
These are some of the thing I've caught myself fretting over:
- How many french fries must my child eat to constitute a full serving of vegetables?
- Where did I put that stinkin blue tractor?
- When the box says, "Holds up to 80 lbs" do they really mean I can sit on it?
- Chris is 210 seconds late coming home from work. . . I could really use an extra set of hands.
-If I washed my chest when Tay spit up, my arms in the bubble bath, and picked the banana out of my hair, do I really need a shower?
-If this moviecame from the library does that mean that I can let Milo watch it all day and not feel guilty?
- I wonder if Milo would notice if I took one more bite of his frosty?
- How many more times do I have to hear, "Milo throw sand, time out, come out" ?
-Why is it 11:00 o'clock and I still don't have real pants on?"
-What meal can I disquise burnt chicken in?
I love being at home with my kids, but it is a whole different dimension.  If I ever do go back to work in the real world, I am going to be in for a real shock.

1 comment:

  1. I feel ya girl. People don't get how demanding being a stay at home mom is. Especially with two!! We should have a mom/baby playdate when I get to Utah.

    ReplyDelete