Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Christmas Good and Bad

In the last conference, one of the General Authorities talked about people painting fake lives on social media in attempts to look happier than each other.  I hope that when I look back at my blog, I can see all of the wonderful fun things that we did as a family throughout the years.  But I also want it to ring true.  Life is not perfect and we have our struggles.   I started planning for Christmas in October.  This year was going to be the stress free, easy going year, with all of the presents wrapped under the tree by Dec. 1st, and the entire month left open for fun festivities.  Well the shopping is done, the gifts are wrapped, but this Christmas is the farthest thing from stress free.  Without going into detail, some things happened in our family, and now things are changing.  Change can be hard, scary, and sad--especially around the holidays.  It makes my heart heavy to think about Christmas this year.  I remember when I was little people would talk about how the holidays could be a hard time of year, and I never understood.  There are so many fun and wonderful things, and I hope so badly that our family can find a way to enjoy them together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment