Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Debate


I've always said that I wanted my first baby to be a boy. You know, the whole big brother to beat up the little sister's boyfriend, type of idea.

Kind of like this----->
(Minus the whole communist reference).
ha ha.

Well as soon as I found out that I was pregnant, I decided it was a girl. I started making all kinds of flowered pink things, and ordered the full series of Anne of Green Gables to read to baby (Chris was less than thrilled(about the books, not the whole girl thing)).

.........ANYWAY............

NOW I'M NOT SURE!!!!

Facts supporting that I've been wrong to start looking at ridiculously large baby headbands and tiny little leg warmers:


  • I didn't like the second Anne book... I think the boy in my belly was grossed out by it girlishness.


  • Supposedly if you crave salt you're having a boy. Well let's just say I have single handedly secured the Pringles company sales for the year! I'm talking 3 cans of Pringles a week here people. Even thinking about them make me wish that I didn't finish our last can yesterday!

  • My old bishop did some old Portuguese vodoo trick (I know weird coming from an old bishop), but he said it's definitely a boy.

  • And lastly, Chris and Jon (his brother), are super competitive. Jon just found out that his wife is having a girl. As soon as I heard that, I FELT Chris's competitive nature kick in! He's going to try to beat his brother to the punch. . . Which I would say is silly, but it's his swimmer that is determining what our baby is so....

I CANNOT BELIEVE I HAVE TO WAIT A WHOLE MONTH TO FIND OUT FOR SURE! BOY OR GIRL? I DON'T KNOW, BUT I'M TOO EXCITED!

4 comments:

  1. I vote BOY!!!!!!!!!!

    PS. You do eat a lot of salt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was for sure it was a boy, I was having dreams and everything. But I was WRONG! You never know! but good luck! I also was addicted to salt stuff and all those little test things said it was a boy... one said it was a girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha you are so funny! I think once I get pregnant I'll be the same way. Good luck! I say boy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cant wait to find out what it is! This is so exciting! I hope its twins so you can have a boy and a girl...that is my vote! Keep us posted...i love your blog!

    ReplyDelete