Monday, July 26, 2010

The Pros and Cons of Pregnancy

26 weeks... Getting fatter!

The pros of being pregnant

-The first time you get to see baby, even if it is on a small sonogram screen.
~ No one gives you funny looks for having 2 scoops of icecream.
- Someone's brilliant idea to mash the top of your favorite sweat pants with the bottom of your favorite jeans... quite comfy, and socially acceptable!
~Feeling my little guy move, and my heart instantantly racing in response.
-Finding baby's first jeans, first hat, and first shoes.
~Watching Chris rub my tummy.

-Making floppy hats, booties, and mittens for baby to wear.
~Having people constantlly assuming that you would like to eat and sit... Which, most of the time, is actually spot on!
-Getting cards and things in the mail from friends and family wishing you well.
-Ordering "pregnant lady" servings at restaraunts.
~Knowing that every day he is getting bigger and healthier, and will come out to play!

The cons of being pregnant

~Acid reflux... completely disgusting experience.
-Try mopping the kitchen floor right after Thanksgiving dinner...

~Worrying about stretch marks and mutant belly buttons.
-Being HOT, and I don't mean this as a cute acronym like PHAT. I'm talking sauna inside my body all the time.
~Crying, no scratch that--SOBBING over cockroaches, Miley Cirus, and Olive Garden (or lack of Olive Garden).
-Being pregnancy dumb. I thought this was an old wive's tale... that was until I locked myself out of the house 9 times, forgot to push the start button on the washing machine, and stood outside the wrong appartment for 15 minutes. It's real, and it sucks!
~Growing "pregnancy" Ompa loompa cheeks and chin.
-Getting lodged in spaces that you used to be able to slip through.
~WAITING.... WAITING.....WAITING! Especially when we are so excited!

2 comments:

  1. my favorite part is the lack of olive garden..and the i can cry in relief society because im pregnant part;) hehehe.. only you left that part out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. acid reflux seriously is the pits and sorry to tell ya it only gets worse. I had to start sleeping with my head elevated or I couldn't sleep. Bird.. don't worry about the changes your body will go through (stretch marks, love handles, etc..) he will be so worth it you won't even care that you have them!!!

    ReplyDelete