Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Taya's Tea

My beautiful Taya is officially 3! I let her choose what we did for her birthday party, and she decided that she wanted to have a fancy tea party.  I'm telling you-she is no ordinary 3 year old!  She wanted everyone to dress fancy and sip purple kool-aid.  And since Taya is queen, we all did just that.
pampered and primped with fancy sun glasses and toe painting. 
 Everyone came in costume or dressed up.  Tay was delighted.

I wish I had a better pic of her cupcakes.  They looked like high heel shoes, and they were adorable!  Thanks to aunt Chera for her help!
Taya peaked in one of the bags and caught a glimpse of this dress.  She was SO anxious to put it on, and since it was her birthday, we let her open it early and wear it for the party.  Melia and Analise gave it to her and she looked like such an angel in it.  These photos are blurry, but I don't care.  You should have seen her face when she came outside after changing into it.  She was so pleased with herself. Like seriously, she was just glowing. 
She has Chris eating out of the palm of her hand. 
I thought it was pretty awesome that she was all dressed up for the piƱata. 
Then came present time.  Taya had made it very clear that she did not want any toys for her birthday.  All she wanted was clothes, shoes, and jewelry.  She said this for several weeks before the party, but I thought that once she got in the hot seat she would want dolls, barbies, etc... Nope!  But she tried on every outfit and shoe that people gave her.  She was so happy with seashell bracelets, tiaras, and sparkly red shoes.  She got spoiled rotten. 
Papa and grandma gave her this prom queen dress.  She insisted that we call her queen the rest of the night.   She would tell everyone, "Hallie is my princess, and I'm the queen." 
Um... If you can't tell, we all find so much joy in Taya.  She is a little firecracker and we are all more than a little obsessed.
 I hadn't planned on having Milo get Taya a gift, but he got it in his head that he wanted to give her a purple scooter for her birthday.  He was SO excited at the idea of it so that  they can ride together.   I couldn't tell him no-he was too adorable... So he got her a purple scooter.  He is the sweetest big brother.   I remember feeling so guilty when I was pregnant with Taya, because I knew a second child would detract from the attention that Milo gets, but honestly all of the time I think, "I don't know what Milo would do without Tay".  He just loves her, and she loves him.  He will always be her protector, and she will always be his number one fan.  She wants to be just like her big brother, and he adores her.  I love the relationship that these two have developed. 
While the other kids ran around and played crazy, Taya strutted around the backyard in her new clothes. 
Little girl in princess heaven sitting on her lute!
I honestly cannot explain the joy that Taya has brought to our family.  I can't believe that she is 3.  From the minute that she was born, she's had her own way of doing things.  I never imagined myself having a girly girl, but I wouldn't change a thing about her.  My soul absolutely finds happiness in her smile.  She gives the best hugs in the whole world, loves her spicy, and has the cutest raspy voice.  I make her promise me every night that we will always be best friends.  And honestly I pray that is the truth. No matter what, she can do no wrong in my eyes, and I'll love her forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment