Tuesday, July 14, 2015

The Caboose

This boy is the big 1 on Saturday!   Holy moly, we made it!  Made it through rsv.  Made it through sleep training.  Made it to being a big boy! I can't say that it was the easiest year of my life, but looking back it has been one of the most rewarding.  Even though Crew was a tough baby, I fell even in love with him over this last year. 
 The last month or so has been so fun with him.  He's eating good, feeling good, sleeping good, and becoming so pleasant!   He is crawling, and almost walking.   He can say mama, dada, dog, and bird (kind of:)).  He is finally starting to enjoy other people and is starting to show so much personality.  He loves to run and play chase.  Especially loves to dance.  This kid can head bang like no one's business.   It is one of my favorite things in the world.   You'll be trudging through Walmart getting groceries and you look over and there he is just rocking out in the baby seat.  
 He's definitely my biggest eater.  This kid loves his food.  Loves his sweets.  Loves his chicken, pulled pork, and anything else that you put in front of him.  He looks so similar to Milo's pictures from when he was 1.  The only difference is that Crew has a neck roll.  Milo weighed 18 pounds, and Crew weighs 22.   To be honest, I don't know how Crew isn't even fatter.   He can eat!
 He's still a mama's boy, and loves to hold my hand.   Pretty soon he won't want me to help him around, so I'm enjoying it for now.   Now that Crew can move, I swear he is one of the busiest babies I have ever seen.  He seriously never holds still.   I watch people at church, and they give their baby one book in the time that I go through every toy in the bag, stuff him with fruit snacks, use the bag as a hat, run laps around the chairs and pulls out both of my earrings and puts them in his mouth.   He is SO busy right now. 
 Crew LOVES dogs.  Loves his blanket.   Loves his brother and sister.  Steering wheels and cars.   Any kind of ball.... oh ya, and food:)
 I remember hearing the story of Sacajawea in college.   Did you know that while she lead the Lewis and Clarke expedition, she was pregnant?   She gave birth to a baby boy while on the voyage.   They say that she was such a strong force in the moral of the expedition.   Her baby boy was, "the pride and joy of the company".   I very much feel like that is what Crew is for our family.   We all baby him so much.   Even Tay just dotes and dotes on him.   We love it when he shakes his hands and smiles.   He is our baby- the pride and joy of our company.  I just love that mug!

No comments:

Post a Comment